Monday, May 30, 2016

Semester 2 FINAL


1. Story Telling -- Family


I went to the beach with my moms family a couple weeks ago more up the west coast and decided to take the opportunity to take photos of them! (I don't remember the name of the place we went)


 This is a portrait of my Grandpa. He usually has the idea to take us cousins on this trip and so I thought it would be best to start this sequence off with a picture of the man himself. In a small town on the beach was where we spent most of the time. Getting ice-cream and sitting on the rocks while the cold wind was blowing in our face.

 This is a photo of the comedian in the family, also the youngest cousin, Daisy. This was our first full day in the town so we were all quite excited to visit. During this picture, Daisy was hiding seaweed behind her back and when I brought down the camera and glared at the image, I all of a sudden felt the seaweed being slapped across my shoulder!

 This is a picture of Coco (left), my Grandmother (middle), and Daisy (right) walking down the beach toward that black truck. As you can maybe tell there is a blue boat behind the truck filled with red lobster and crabs, fresh for the restaurants in the town.

 Another picture of my Grandmother, Coco, and Daisy is being displayed above. My Grandmother loves taking photographs also. She makes a book for the four of us cousins and has pictures from every holiday that we have shared together in each individual book.

 In this picture my other cousin Tabitha is ready to throw some more seaweed at Daisy unexpectedly! You can see the movement of the seaweed in her hand, ready to slap Daisy across her body.

And for my last picture, Coco (left), Daisy (middle left), my Grandmother (middle right), and my Grandpa (right) are all standing in the wet sand gazing out towards all of the boats and the mountains. We all know we are definitely going to come back in the summer!


2. Skill -- Long Exposure


 One evening me, My sister, and her friends decided to have fun with glow sticks, and a low shutter speed! While Coco and her friends danced around with the glow sticks, I took the time to photos.


 In this glow stick image we decided to use a lot less sticks to create more of a blurry image. I think it turned out quite well and way different than the first trial. I like both of the images how they are really different but also the same. It was fun to experiment!

The next morning I got Coco and one of her friends to sit and move around their bodies a lot. All though not too much so you could see the difference between the first position and the last position in one photo.


3. Story -- Where I Live

I live in the friendly area across from McCallum in Brentwood/Crestview. 
There is a couple parks for children to play, a pool, an elementary school, a minimart, a pizza place, and many other things that make my neighborhood great!

The neighborhood is filled with long, curvy streets. The whole area put effort into making our neighborhood a welcome, friendly place for everyone!

As there are lots of winding roads, like most neighborhoods everyone usually has a main street. Ours is Woodrow. It goes right through the area and is also the street with most of the attractions. 

Here is another part of Woodrow. A good way to getting around is to catch the local bus! The (5) bus stops right in front of my house so it's very easy for me and others to get around. 



1 comment:

  1. Solid work. I think I like the third long exposure picture best of all. Such a smart move to have two central poses. I like the portraits and the shots of your neighborhood, too. Have a great summer, Josey. I enjoyed getting to know you this school year. 93

    ReplyDelete